Get Adobe Flash player

Thanks For Visiting


Please become a follower and comment on any post you like; you can follow by Twitter or subscribe by email.
Also, I have surveys from time to time so please check them out and please vote, it is greatly appreciated. TxDeerHun7r

September 10, 2012

Axis hunt was a no-go!

I said I would post an epilogue to the story posted last month, and this is it.  I did get out to the Gurra Ranch the middle of August and again, the last weekend in August.  I never saw any bucks, just one Axis doe and yearling; I guess the rest were staying cool somewhere.  Well, there is always next year!  I know he is around from April to May (in velvet) and maybe I'll see him then with another year's growth added to that rack?

In the meantime, I challenged myself to learn all I could about the Axis species and now I will forever have that knowledge which I hope makes me a better hunter.

No comments:

Post a Comment