Get Adobe Flash player

Thanks For Visiting


Please become a follower and comment on any post you like; you can follow by Twitter or subscribe by email.
Also, I have surveys from time to time so please check them out and please vote, it is greatly appreciated. TxDeerHun7r

June 03, 2012

Gurra Yotes


The other morning I did some research on Axis Deer since I now have quite an abundance of photos of them on the land that I am privileged to hunt.  I followed a few links on scoring and aging Axis and I landed on the Buck Manager site and from there I saw some very disturbing photos.  Two coyotes had taken down a nice buck in all of about 21 minutes and my stomach turned;  we all know it happens in the wild, but to see it on film - is horrifying.  We tend to know they are pretty much everywhere there is compatible habitat for them, namely a food source.  On Gurra Ranch, in the 5 years I have hunted there, I have never seen any evidence that coyotes were present until I found 3 photos out of over 8,000 that I was cataloging.  I now have a renewed sense of determination to keep that population from decreasing the deer herds.



I now have a renewed sense of determination to keep that population from decreasing the deer herds.

Please visit the Buck Manager site for some good info on deer hunting

No comments:

Post a Comment